Friday, September 17, 2010

Pregnancy Scrapbook Layouts: Documenting 9 Months

Pregnancy. Nine months that will change your body and life forever. Nine months that go by fast and slow at the same time. Nine months of allowing a little human to grow inside your belly.

I'm lucky. Two souls chose me to be their mom. They both came into my life when the time was right and both decided to be born on their exact due dates. With each pregnancy, I tried to document as much as I could and regularly wrote down my thoughts, cravings and how my body was changing. I kept a pocket calendar next to my bed during both pregnancies to record doctor appointments, how much I weighed, if I felt sick or when there was a flutter of movements in my womb. Each month, I photographed my growing belly and during the third trimester, went to a professional photographer to capture these moments in my life. With my second child, I had my mom help me create a belly cast which now hangs on my bedroom wall (see the last layout of this post and it's also featured at ProudBody.com) and was also the Belly of the Month in April 2008 at PregnancyPiercings.com (this still makes me laugh).

I'm glad times have changed. Women no longer have to hide their pregnant bellies. We are able to be proud and show them off. Pregnancy is a time to celebrate being a woman. Life grows within us. This is a miracle that happens everyday. Cherish it. Document it. Share it.

"Life is adventure" (12x12 Page Layout)
Photograph by Rick Sheridan of Look At Me Studios

"Make A Wish" (12x12 Page Layout)
Photograph by Rick Sheridan of Look At Me Studios 

"Defining Moments" (8.5x11 Page Layout)
Photograph by Rick Sheridan of Look At Me Studios

"I'm Pregnant" (6x6 Page Layout)

"It's a Girl" (6x6 Two-Page Layout)

"Love Makes The World Go Round" (6x6 Two-Page Layout)

"Beautiful" (6x6 Two-Page Layout)

All layouts were created by Danielle Hunter of Scrappin' Memories 4U.


Posted by Picasa