Thursday, December 23, 2010

How to Make a Super Fast Mini Scrapbook Album


I don't make as many mini scrapbook albums as I should (and that will change soon since I recently received The Cinch from my Scrapbooker's Christmas Wish List), but I have my own formula for how to make a super fast mini album.

Are you ready for my super simple concoction?

1. Choose paper.
Pick two sheets of coordinating paper for each page layout. One sheet will be for the background and the other will be used as a border.


2. Outline, cut & adhere. Use a pencil to outline the mini album pages onto the paper and use scissors to cut out. Adhere the background paper first and then add the border paper. Repeat the same layout throughout the mini scrapbook album.


3. Mat. Choose one color cardstock (preferably white, black or brown) to mat all the photos and adhere to the album. Leave the mats blank if you are giving the mini album as a gift.


4. Decorate. Grab your ribbon, diecuts and stickers to embellish the pages as you leave room for journaling.


5. Add strips, boxes & tags. Make strips of paper or add word boxes and tags for journaling.


Simple. Fast. Fun.

Tips:
  • Punch holes if necessary for the ring binder before adhering the paper to the page.
  • Some mini albums will not withstand any additional dimension within the pages and will not open or close properly. You may need to stay away from things like thick ribbon and adhesive spacers.
  • Do not use any repositional adhesive for mini albums unless you want the album to fall apart. I prefer to use Glue Dots® since they keep anything in place (and I'm not just saying that because I'm on the Glue Dots Design Team). Memory Book Glue Dots® and the Memory Glue Dots® Dot N' Go are both great adhesives for mini albums. 
  • Remember to stay close to the paper edges when adding adhesive so fingers will not rip the paper when turning the pages.
    This is the same formula I followed to make the mini scrapbook album at the top of this post and the one below:







    Happy Holidays! Enjoy the weekend!! Thanks for stopping by Snap.Scrap.Blog.Tweet!

    You may also be interested in: